EMS IT Infrastructure Manager – FTE (Remote with US)
About e360’s Enterprise Managed Service (EMS) Team
e360 is a 30+ year privately-owned company with a focus on our people, our clients, and leading technologies. e360’s EMS is the Run and Support department of the organization, providing external, managed, and dedicated support to our clients. Our team is comprised of a range of technology professionals with varying knowledge and Industry background.
We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial consulting company that offers ample opportunities for professional development and growth suited to each individual’s personal and professional goals. We offer internal, and subsidize external, trainings, and reimburse the cost of technology certification exams and / or renewals. Our family-founded business sees work life fit as a core value that all of our practitioners practice – the value you add to your team is more important than the time that you ‘clock in and out.’ You will have numerous opportunities to interface with senior leadership, and benefit from mentorship internally or through introductions through external networks to support your growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and secure, robust, scalable IT infrastructure platforms in accordance with the client’s standards and business needs.
- Ensure that all requirements for the new IT Infrastructure are taken into consideration.
- Technically manage the IT infrastructure implementation. It may consist of installations, configuration and migrations of enterprise-level IT infrastructure systems, components, and related software like Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 (standard or enterprise level), Linux, VMWare, virtual & physical servers, cloud solutions (Azure, Amazon), Active Directory, Office 365, Exchange, storage, network, firewalls, load balancers as well as end user technologies, SDWAN, Wi-Fi, security, monitoring and management software and components.
- Attend customer strategy meetings, including presenting solutions from a commercial, technical, and business perspective.
- Ensure that all needed third parties and teams are aware of their tasks
- Work closely with Project Manager, IT infrastructure engineers, local IT staff, application teams and other parties on delivering the IT Infrastructure per project plan. Frequent and high-quality verbal and written communication will be required.
- Proactively identify technical delivery risks and issues. Propose and then establish mitigation mechanisms and effectively communicate and escalate to ensure progress.
The work you will perform for our business
- Reporting to the Director of EMS, the Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the maintenance, security, and enhancement of the client’s infrastructure systems
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of The Client’s technology, including hardware, software, networking, telephony, and the interrelation of these systems
- Ensures information security best practices are implemented and followed while actively participating in continuous improvement
- Identify infrastructure needs and create, prioritize, and manage projects assigned by management
- Actively participates in overall IT management at The Client’s, assisting in decision making and developing strategic plans, standard policies and procedures, and service level agreements
- Interacts with business leaders to understand their needs and concerns related to systems, translating those discussions into system improvements
- Provides insight into new technologies that focus on supporting business requirements and coordinates the procurement and configuration of those technologies
- Establishes trusted partnerships with vendors that play a vital role in supporting the department and fosters new relationships when relevant opportunities arise
- Rapidly discover the root cause of system issues through abnormal log entries, system behavior, or console errors
- Serves as the final escalation point for infrastructure systems, providing Level III system support
- Performs system maintenance and provides technical support to maintain system availability and to achieve schedule demands
- Performs annual audits for infrastructure licensing, user accounts, data storage, hardware, and other matters, enforcing compliance with all established IT standards, policies, and procedures
- Recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions, including extending existing technologies and researching and procuring new technologies
- Follow all Client’s safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience with non-infrastructure network peripherals like, printers, data-loggers etc.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve intermediate to advanced technical issues.
- Excellent proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
- ITIL Qualifications or working towards ITIL Qualifications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Motivated and willing to learn
A qualified candidate will possess a combination of the following education and/or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five years of IT experience in supporting hardware, software applications, operating systems, and local area networking
- Demonstrated experience in developing solutions, scripting, and system configuration
- Advanced knowledge of the following:
- Enterprise Server Hardware (Dell, HP, Cisco UCS)
- Network Storage (NetApp, Synology, Brocade SMB/NFS/iSCSI/FC/NDMP/LTO Tape)
- VMware vSphere and ESXi
- Windows Server Administration and Engineering
- Active Directory Administration and Engineering
- Microsoft Clustering
- Enterprise databases (SQL Server)
- Experience in installing load balancing, application, database, and queuing servers
- Experience with an enterprise NMS such as SolarWinds, EDR systems (e.g. FireEye), and enterprise logging frameworks, like Splunk
- Experience managing and developing a team of employees
- A proven track record of delivering against a project portfolio or roadmap
- Strong analytical and communication skills; recognized as a subject matter expert and thought leader
- Excellent documentation and knowledge management skills
- Collaboration: Ability to work as part of a team or collaborate well with team members, and external collaborators (if applicable) to accomplish mutual goals
- Communication: Ability to work efficiently and communicate with staff, cross-functional teams, and external customers from different identities and experiences
- Innovation: Ability to bring new ideas, create inventive solutions and find efficiencies to transform manually or detailed processes
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Ability to transport 25 lbs.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions 50% of the time
Critical Success Factors
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet obligations in a timely manner
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of productivity with minimal management oversight
- Ability to travel and participate in daily onsite meetings with both E360 clients and team members in all E360 geographic regions and client locations
- Ability to travel distances of 100 miles or more per day to attend client meetings or other work-related activities
- Ability to sit in work related meetings for periods of 1 hour or longer
- Ability to work onsite at Entisys360 offices for a full 8-hour workday
- Ability to travel via airplane for periods of 1 hour or longer to attend work-related activities
- Ability to lodge overnight away from home for multiple days to attend work-related activities