Sr. Consultant, Enterprise Networking & Security – (Southern California)
e360 is a dynamic and entrepreneurial consulting company that offers ample opportunities for professional development and growth suited to each individual’s personal and professional goals. We offer internal, and subsidize external, trainings, and reimburse the cost of technology certification exams and / or renewals. Our family-founded business sees work life fit as a core value that all of our practitioners practice – the value you add to your team is more important than the time that you ‘clock in and out.’ You will have numerous opportunities to interface with senior leadership, and benefit from mentorship internally or through introductions through external networks to support your growth.
As an Enterprise Networking Sr. Consultant, you will be responsible for delivering, supporting, and troubleshooting modern networking & security solutions, such as core route/switch, firewalls, and NAC solutions. Quality Network Engineers ensure that e360’s/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to the design, deployment, and operations of our clients’ networks. This individual will be responsible for providing technical guidance directly to our clients, project, and sales teams. Effective and efficient engineering ensures e360 meets/bests project timelines and promotes confidence in our clients getting them back to work quickly.
The successful candidate will be excited about architecting modern technology solutions to customer business requirements, integrating solutions from multiple disciplines including Cyber Security, and network Infrastructure solutions. They will be able to have a consultative approach with a customer and be able to convincingly share their architectural recommendations in a disarming but influential manner. They can design and delegate the tasks of an engagement to engineering staff for execution. They will be strong in documentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of network planning, design, implementation & optimization services as a post-sales consultant/network engineer.
- Create & Implement Low Level and High-Level designs of campus & data center network and security solutions utilizing industry best practices. Hardware platforms include: Palo Alto Networks, Aruba Networking, Cisco FTD, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Meraki. Software platforms: Cisco DNA Center, Aruba Central, Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE), Aruba ClearPass.
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and other network hardware appliances.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of client-managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- Assist in the creation of Statements of Work and Bill of Materials.
- Accurately estimate labor hours for Professional Services work.
- Assist the PMO & Engineering teams in the execution of client projects.
- Contribute to E360s technical body of knowledge through the creation of written documentation, white papers, internal blogs, E360 communities or knowledge base articles.
- Participate in E360s Technology conferences championing your assigned areas of expertise, successes and solutions.
- Use your knowledge of technology, products and services to build new solutions that deliver positive business outcomes for our clients.
Desired skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills are required.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong technical documentation skills are required.
- Ability to function and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-task, team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work across many groups with diverse viewpoints
- Cisco Enterprise Network experience required (Meraki/Catalyst/Nexus).
- Cisco Security experience required (FTD, ISE)
- Palo Alto Networks experience required
- Zero-trust security architecture experience required
- Aruba Networks expertise preferred. Access Switches, Campus Core, & Data Center.
- In-depth knowledge of networking functions/devices such as routers, switches, wireless controllers, access points, load balances, firewalls. Multi-Manufacturer Knowledge is required (e.g. Cisco, hpE/Aruba Networks, Palo Alto Networks, etc.)
- Experience logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, VDC, Datacenter Zones, Spanning tree, VRF, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec, TustSec).
- Strong knowledge of IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Experience with inter-company routing is preferred.
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- SD-WAN implementation and migration experience preferred.
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools (APIC-EM, Cisco Prime) and API scripting with Python preferred.
- Knowledge or experience load balancers (F5), Palo Alto Networks, or Cisco UCS is a plus.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience designing, deploying, and implementing technology security solutions.
- Must have Industry certifications such as CCNP R&S, CCNP Security, and/or CCNP Data Center
- Must have a proven track record in the management of a critical 24/7 production environment(s)
- Cisco/Aruba partner post-sales consulting experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, devices, and peripherals.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- A valid driver’s license is required.